Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day of Rest

Today is our first full day with our hosts in Haiti. Yesterday we were greeted outside of immigration and driven around the city. My first reaction was of shock and awe. Seeing all of the destruction of the city. It was so much worse than I thought it would be, and I had mentally prepared myself before we left the states.
The people are so kind and generous, our hosts have been so gracious and wonderful. Today we accompanied our hosts to a methodist church that they attend. It was interesting to hear a sermon in french and yet he sounded very similiar to a pastor at home! Everyone was very welcoming, even though our presence was definitely a noticable one. I'm looking forward to meeting all of the children tomorrow, I can't wait to do art with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment