Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gettin' ready to go...

Passport, check. Typhoid and TDAP, check. Malaria Meds, check.

Reservations, check. Deposits, check.

Having traveled to many places, including Tunisia, I've never had to worry about so many things before taking a trip. However, all the precautions will make for a safe, more worry free trip. Things yet to do: complete translation of PowerPoint presentation into understandable French. This presents its own challenges. My conversational French is okay, but creating a presentation that involves clinical terminology is different. I have faith that all will go well, though. We've gathered art supplies, read articles about work that has been done in response to other natural disasters, and have been advised of some of the cultural differences we will experience. No fears, though. Not only are we ready for our spring break, we are ready to immerse ourselves in something completely new that will motivate and challenge us to become more compassionate individuals. We will undoubtedly come home changed in many ways.

1 comment:

  1. I know! I cannot believe our adventure will begin in a little more than a week! I am so excited and anxious...I just know that we will have a life-changing experience and will be able to help so many! I am so grateful for this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete