Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bonjour!!!!!

I am finally here in beautiful Paris, France! The whole group is already like family and we have already seen so much. After we checked into the hotel, the group and I went straight to the l'orangerie to see the beautiful Water Lilies paintings by Monet, which are massive. I was in extreme shock of how huge and colorful they were. We then took in the culture of Paris in a sweet cafe called Cafe Angelina where I had hot chocolate and Croche Madame. The French food is rich and full of flavor. Then we went to the Notre Dame, which moved me to tears as I sat in the church. I was so jet lagged, but I pushed myself to see as much as I could in this unique city.

The next morning, I started my day with French bread and brie to give me enough energy to go to the Louvre and Musee d'orsay. I have been in these museums before, but there were so many new pieces that were breath taking. I saw modern art by Kiefer in the Louvre, as well as the famous Mona Lisa. At the Musee d'orsay, I was taken back by the pastel pieces by Degas and Loutrec. I cannot wait until I get to work at the open studio here because I have been so inspired by the city and the art.

I have only been here for two days and have already made so many glorious memories with Geri Hurlbut, Ashley, my roommate, Capucine Philson, and Dr. Kathy West and her family.

Until next time Au revoir!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Enjoy every minute. Take in all that you can. We look forward to yur blog every day. Be safe. Lots of love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...what I would give to be there, if my finances would have allowed it! If you get to Chartres Cathedral - and I have no idea if you will be near it - on certain days they uncover the Labyrinth so people can walk it. IF you pull that off, think of me! Can you post your travel pictures? It should let you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -- Chartres will need to wait for another trip. It is located outside of Paris, and I have been there. I had wanted to walk the labarynth as well, but it was covered with chairs. There was a lovely choir performing the day I was there and with the music resounding from the walls it simply transported me back into another time and place. I hope you can go one day!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete